Monday 31 January 2011

Day 31: .

Full Stop.  NOT.

Janathon has reached it's end.

When I started, it seemed that 31 days of exercising every day was an almost impossible dream. Then it got worse with my injuries caused by overdoing it in the first few days - but it was the support of random people who I had never met who were writing comments on my blog that kept me going, and thanks to them I discovered a whole new way of getting in the exercise that I think has actually got me fitter than just running every day would have done.

The thing I've been most surprised by is that I've been able to blog every day. I'm glad I chose to do A-Z (plus punctuation) because I think otherwise I may have descended into complete boringness!  Slightly concerning however is that the most popular posts seem to have been when i go off on a massive rant about annoying people!  So it seems that if I carry on with this blog I may not post every day, I may have to save it up until the two or three times a week that I want a big rant. I may have to rename it MrRantyBadger.

I've been very very impressed by the lovely people who's blogs I've been reading throughout the month - and I shall continue to follow them. In some ways they've become a bit of extended family - particularly lottabottle, marathonmiss, iron mike, travelling hopefully and too many more to simply list. Your support and comments have inspired me and surprised me that there are other people out there who seem to care!

Not Really.
I shall try to continue posting, I will definitely continue exercising - possibly I won't do either every single day - but one or the other most days should do me for now.  In the meantime please keep supporting me in the run-up to the half marathon on 13th Feb!!!!!!

After yesterdays "emissions" the good news is that I have recovered sufficiently to finish Janathon with a 2 mile run!  Wierdly, while running I felt amazing and I could have easily done 5km despite the fact that I've probably eaten less calories than that over the last 2 days. But Mrs Badger was adamant that I shouldn't do more than 20 minutes.  Also satisfying was that after a 5 minute warm down, my heart rate was 103 - a month ago it would have been 130. Awesome!

See you tomorrow.

Janathon Stats:

Today:  Run 3.2km / 2 miles / 18:35 min


Janathon Total: 189.4km / 117.7 miles

8 comments:

  1. Oh Mr Lumpy Ranty Badger, well done. I only started reading your blog about half way through Janathon, so I missed the early injury problems, but I've thoroughly enjoyed your posts.

    But good grief, a half marathon in two weeks . . . that's one way of making sure you stay focussed post Janathon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad the my food poisoning efforts were only a temporary hindrance Mr Ranty Badger.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A poem:
    Mr ranty grumpy badger, Barred my grungy tramp
    gym martyr burp tadger, barmy gentry drug ramp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - 2 weeks to a half marathon - good luck! You are funny and I shall continue to come back and read and comment and coo over pics of lovely baby badger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rantybadger does have a nice ring to it.
    Congrats, and thank you for the alphabetical entertainment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Or... MrLumpyRanter.

    @notmuchofarunner: What a poem!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @notmuchofarunner - I was seriously concerned for your sanity there for a while until I realised the anagrammatical basis of your poem.

    Cool stuff - well done!

    ReplyDelete