Saturday 22 January 2011

Day 22: V is for Victory

Victory
It's been 9 days since I started cycling instead of running to save my legs and I decided that I should do a proper run to see if I am cured. So I did 5km in the gym and I'm not cured exactly, but it was fine and didn't hurt afterwards, so I'm declaring VICTORY over the injury.  I think I'll still mix the cycling with the running, to make sure it doesn't come back, but I really need to do some long runs because I'm entered for wokingham half marathon on 13th Feb and I need to get that distance up!

I could go on and on and on about the concept of Victory - it is very close to my heart (see "C is for Competitiveness") I used  to be obsessive about it, now I just like it.  A lot. A really really lot.

I don't think I'm going to win Janathon though. Which is fine. Kind of. Well, not really but I will grit my teeth and pretend not to mind :-)


Video
Tonight, the tiny Badger pup has been put to bed, and me & mrs badger will be watching our favourite Video: Withnail & I - because we were reminded of it on the Tourette's day.  We are also going to do a cut-down version of the Withnail Drinking Game. Instead of drinking exactly  what they drink on screen, we shall take a sip of wine, beer/cider or a spirit (with a mixer of course) whenever they drink the same kind of drink on screen.  Hopefully this will not render us incapable of seeing to the tiny Badger's needs later on. I apologise in advance if I blog later though !!

Janathon Stats:

Today:  Run (
YAY!!) 5km / 3.11 miles min, Time: 29:44, Pace 5:57 per km

Total: 124.56km / 77.4 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment