Saturday 8 January 2011

Day 8: H is for Hurting & Happiness

Hurting: Legs still hurt. I'm going to have to cut down on the actual running distance for a few days and do some extra cross training instead.  Today I did a 30 minute run (5.25km) and a 4.4km walk so that's not too bad - I'll just have to accept that I'm not ready for the long distances every day and limit myself to a longer run on Sundays and Wednesdays. But I will run every day. It's Janathon!

Happiness:  We have a 6 month old baby and I was resisting putting him in the blog - after all, everyone blogs about their babies - but he just defines happiness for me. He smiles the instant he wakes up, he smiles at people as soon as he sees them, he gives you a cheeky grin just when you catch his eye. He even smiles while he is crying (which is hard to take seriously!). I love him, he makes me happy, and who can blame me:

Happy Santa



Janathon Stats:

Today:
Distance: 5.25km (3.26 miles)   Time: 30:00   Avg Pace: 5:43/km  (9:12/mile)

Overall:
Distance: 51.98km (32.3 miles)    Time: 4:48:11  Avg Pace: 5:33/km (8:55/mile)


5 comments:

  1. Hahaha that's a cute happy santa!

    The 5k sort of distance every day for a month adds up to be quite a bit. I always considered 2 miles to be quite an easy run but I've worked out that doing it every one of the 31 days in Jan will make it pretty close to the best month of running I've ever done!

    I don't think anyone (human) could put in long distances every day without recovery. Doing the 2 long ones like you're planning is more than enough. Keep it up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww he made me happy what a beautiful smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwwww - my cuteometer just exploded! x

    ReplyDelete