Sunday 30 January 2011

Day 30: : -

Colon Dash.

What doctors would call D & V.

Last night we had a lovely meal round at Fattipuffs, and then at 4am this morning the bottom fell out of my world.  Now I'm not saying that Fattipuff's food was at fault - I would never accuse her of that because everyone had the same. I *might* accuse her of sabotage though! (only kidding).

Not sure what has caused it but basically I have expelled every single nutrient out of my body and have spent all day in bed moaning gently while Mrs Badger administers hot towels, looks after every single need of the little Lumpy Badger and is generally saintly while I am generally a burden.

Worst of all - uppermost in my mind wasn't the hassle I was causing her - it was how the hell was I going to get some Janathon training in.  There was no way on earth I was going to do 15km as planned - I can't even run, so eventually at 6pm I thought WHAT WOULD RON DO? I dragged myself out of bed and went out for a 1 mile walk.  In the circumstances the effort level was pretty similar.

So it's disappointing because I had a real doozy of a weekend planned with a total of 35km of running and I've only done 10 yesterday and a 1 mile walk today.

Last night was great - although Fattipuff has stolen my thunder by already posting my planned picture of Me, her & CakeofGoodHope in our Janathon-themed T-shirts.

The Oxford Janathon Urban Family

CakeOfGoodHope. With Cake. I hope.


On the plus side - I've spent a lot of the day in bed browsing the web on my ipad and viewing every single comic on theoatmeal.com - highly recommended!

Janathon Stats:

Today:  Walk 1.61km / 1 mile / 18:09 min, Total 
cals: 96

Total: 186.2km / 115.7 miles

5 comments:

  1. Mmm cake . There is no fattipuff in that pic - just 3 thinifers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you've been poorly sick! I promise I didn't sabotage you!! Not deliberately anyway ;)
    Hope you feel better tomorrow buddy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos and cake! Hope you feel better tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shame about the sickness, that's not so good in the last few days of Janathon. But super hardcore for getting out there and exercising anyway . . .

    *Love* the t-shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww hope you feel better today, well done on the mile walk you trooper

    ReplyDelete