Tuesday 4 January 2011

Day 4: D is for Dilemma

Dilemma:  Does cycling to work count as exercise?

I cycle to work most days. It's 4.6km each way that's a 9km bike ride every day that I cycle. Admittedly I don't cycle every day - but definitely more than not.  So does that count for the purposes of Janathon?

Another problem is that I'm keeping a running total of miles/km run, so how do I work that with Cycling distance? should I work out some kind of running/cycling equivalency formula?

Which leads us on to the problem that cycling to work isn't all that hard. Except for the c***ing hill at the end of course (see yesterday).

And it's geting late. I cycled today, so do I have to do a run?

2 comments:

  1. Yes it counts - well - in my world it counts, and in the Janathon rules it counts. Dilemma over.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. D is also for Digby Chicken-Caesar. You could run like him...

    ReplyDelete