Wednesday 26 January 2011

Day 26: ZZZZZzzzzzzzz.......

I'm knackered.

As Mrs B will tell you the tiny badger has decided to mark the occasion of moving into "Big Cot / Own Room" by producing his first tooth.  This has involved about a week now of extremely sleepless nights. Added to this I decided to go for a run at the gym early this morning with the reward of being "allowed" to drive to work instead of cycling the long way round.

The run itself proved that this Janathon lark has really improved my cardio fitness - I did 12km at an average pace a little bit better than 10.3km/h and I didn't even get out of breath!  The only problem was that the fecking running machine decides that despite entering your target distance, you're not allowed to run for more than 60 minutes - and if it gets to 60 it just shuts down.  Luckily I'd had this happen before (some machines do it, some don't) and I knew exactly how much extra distance I had left so I could program it back in and restart.  Anyway, the really silly thing is that you can program the machine to do any target distance of anything up to 25km. In an hour.  Do they really think that someone is going to break the half marathon world record on a running machine in their stinky Gym????

The other thing I forgot was about chafage.  I forgot to vaseline my "bits" this morning so I'm currently walking like John Wayne. Still, this is better than the first time I ever did a half marathon when I'd never even heard of Vaseline, and within only a couple of miles I'd chafed so much that I had blood trickling down the insides of my legs for the whole of the rest of the way round. I had red bits all down my socks.  I couldn't walk straight for a week!

But even with all these problems, the run itself was amazing. It's so brilliant to see the general fitness improvement, and my legs are not hurting at all any more.  I'm back on track for the Wokingham Half marathon - I'm going to do 15km on Sunday, and 18km the following Sunday and then a week of "winding down" before the Half - I'm really looking forward to it! Thank you Janathon.

Even though I'm feeling fitter, though, I still burned nearly a thousand calories on that run, I haven't had a proper night's sleep for a week, I got up early and ... Z ... ZZ ... ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

Why do you want to sleep, Daddy?


Janathon Stats:

Today:  Run 12km / 1:09:31 min, Total 
cals: 989

Total: 159.83km / 99.31 miles

4 comments:

  1. Awesome running, Mr Badger. Night night zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I thought I'd got that chaffage image out of my head after all these years. Apparently not.
    Top running though Mr B, hope mini B keeps quiet tonight
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why, oh, why does the treadmill do that? It's infuriating, tantamount to run sabotage and should be made illegal. What's the coalition policy on it I'd like to know?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you got a better nights sleep, and that baby of yours is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete