Saturday 12 February 2011

Bracing myself for the inevitable

Tomorrow at 10am, me & CakeOfGoodHope shall be "performing" in the Wokingham half marathon.  You can watch me LIVE by going to runkeeper.com. This is the venue where last year I got my PB of 1hr 47 minutes (ish) so the pressure is on.

I'm not going to overtly try for a PB though because I'm hoping this is just the first of many events this spring, so I just want to find out what sort of a state I'm in after Janathon.  Sadly it looks like the weather is not going to be all that wonderful with strong winds and rain forecast. I can probably cope with the rain but the last 4 miles or so will be directly into a strong headwind, so that'll be fun!

If you are watching, please leave me a comment on here to give me some encouragement - I'll have my iphone with me and I'll try and take some photos as I go around to make it a kind of "live training blog" like a step up from the one I did in the gym.

Wish us luck (both tomorrow and tonight as I try and get some sleep despite the best efforts of the Lumpy).

3 comments:

  1. Good luck Mr/daddy B! I'll try to protect you from the ravages of Lumpy tonight. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good luck Mr Lumpy Badger, to both you and the Cake of Good Hope. May your legs be strong and your feet run like the wind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just saw your time on runkeeper - well done!!

    ReplyDelete