Wednesday 9 February 2011

Getting Scared

Weirdly I'm getting scared.

It's Wokingham Half Marathon on Sunday. The first big test of the year. Last year I got a PB so I'm actually feeling a little bit scared about what will happen.

Oh well - it will all be over by midday. The start is at 10 and given that i've managed sub 2 hours before on MUCH less training I should be ok. I suppose the fact that I'm reasonably fit after Janathon is why I'm scared. I *might* be fit enough for a PB, but I won't find out until probably too late.

Best thing will probably be to just take it fairly steadily and then enter another HM soon, once I know my performance level. Maybe Berkhamsted again?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. c'mon lumpy, time for another one of your mega-rants! we're waiting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it might be time to get out one of your favourite phrases:
    "Don't be a victim"
    Now come on Mr B - what would you have said to us if we had approached races like that back in the day?!
    Good Luck by the way - will textulate Mrs B today about cheerleading possibilities.

    ReplyDelete